Apparently, my subconscious has a crush on Tom Hanks. I noticed as I was reading my last blog post that the voice in my head was not my own; when I read things online, the voice I hear is Tom Hanks' voice from his ancient movie "You've Got Mail." I'm not sure what is more concerning. Should I be worried that my "reading voice" is not my own, or should I be more worried that a "chick flick" had so much of an impact to me, that it somehow changed my thought process and behavior?
Even now, as I type these words you are reading, I can't consciously change the voice. I guess there's only one thing to do: take it to the mattresses. I'm not sure how to go to war with my brain, but I must try to fight if I ever want to think with my own voice again. At least I don't hear Meg Ryan's voice. That would be something that deserves a trip to the shrink.

No comments:
Post a Comment